The intent of the UCalgary Alumni Partnerships Program is to leverage and support faculty, university, and community programming to more deeply engage a broad alumni audience.
The UCalgary Alumni Partnerships Fund (UAPF) has been established to encourage programs across faculties and the university to identify an alumni engagement focused enhancement or value-added experience to their program that can be enabled through additional support from the UCalgary Alumni Office.
UCalgary Alumni Partnerships Fund Criteria:
All applications to the UCalgary Alumni Partnerships Fund must demonstrate:
- Program is open to all UCalgary Alumni featuring content with broad appeal
- Program demonstrates alignment with one or more of the Five Pillars of Engagement outlined in Wherever Life Takes You: Alumni Career Development, Life-Stage Programming, Alumni Volunteer Engagement, Community Building, Philanthropy
- Registration and attendance data will be tracked in Raiser’s Edge (for faculty applications) or provided to UCalgary Alumni for the purpose of internal alumni engagement scoring
- UCalgary Alumni will be recognized as a partner or sponsor in all program/event promotions and day of acknowledgements
- Allowance for opening or closing remarks by an alumnus/a. UCalgary Alumni will work with partners to identify an appropriate graduate of UCalgary connected to the event/program/faculty/school
- UCalgary Alumni post-program assessment survey will be sent to attendees following event (for internal applications and community applications using Net Community as registration platform)
An alumni-centric enhancement or value-added experience could include (but is not limited to):
- Securing a larger venue to increase capacity
- Behind the scenes tour for alumni
- Alumni discount or early-bird tickets
- Live-streaming/pod-casting of program
*The intent is to be flexible to help support your alumni engagement initiatives
- Programs/events are eligible for funding up to 25% of overall program budget to a maximum of $5,000 (evaluated on a case by case basis)
- All applications will be reviewed by Alumni Partnerships Fund Advisory Group
- Applications must be submitted annually for continued funding
- Please indicate in your application if there is a sponsorship model for your program
Conditions of Funding:
- Following evaluation, successful applicants will receive an agreement confirming details and conditions of partnership. Funding will be provided following sign off.
- Programs that receive funds from the UCalgary Alumni Partnerships Fund are required to submit a final report including detailed budget to UCalgary Alumni upon completion of the project. A template will be provided for this purpose.
- The partner remains responsible for all planning and implementation of the program/event and covering any cost overruns.
Funding applications will be accepted and evaluated based on the intake periods below:
- We recognize the challenges and uncertainty surrounding program planning due to COVID-19 so we have an open, ongoing intake for programs taking place September 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021. There is no set deadline but applications must be submitted at least seven weeks prior to your event date.
Due to limited funds, the process for selection of funding recipients is competitive. Please complete your application in detail for committee review.
The proposals will be evaluated by the UCalgary Alumni Partnerships Fund Advisory Group. In addition to alignment with the UCalgary Alumni Partnerships Fund criteria, applications will be evaluated based on the considerations below:
- Strategic Value
Does the program demonstrate strategic alignment with at least one of the Pillars of Engagement outlined in in Wherever Life Takes You?
- Enhancement of the UCalgary Alumni Programming Calendar
Does this add to the diversity of events, activities and initiatives of the UCalgary Alumni calendar?
- UCalgary Alumni Engagement/Participation
Will the UAPF help expand alumni participation and awareness to an existing event, activity or initiative? Will this reach a broad audience? Preference may be given to programming which features a UCalgary Alumnus/a as a subject matter expert.
Does the proposal enhance UCalgary’s reputation on and off campus? Does it create an opportunity for other units, schools and faculties to engage their alumni? Special consideration will be given to those applications where multiple faculties/units are collaborating on a program.
- Legacy Outcome(s)
Does this proposal have a tangible legacy beyond 2020/21? Is this a one-off or annual initiative?