A recognized Affinity Community may apply for funding through The Affinity Community Assistance Program (ACAP) which is supported by the Office of Alumni Engagement of the University of Calgary and administered by the Affinity Community Committee of the Alumni Association. The program provides financial assistance to Affinity Communities for their programs, events, and projects as they relate to university goals. The University of Calgary Alumni Association is proudly dedicated to engaging our entire alumni community by fostering pride, spirit and tradition. The university, together with the alumni association, provides exceptional value and ongoing support to our alumni worldwide.
The Affinity Communities Committee of the Board may deny any request for funding based on a Community’s failure to adhere to the below guidelines or any action by a Community that is not consistent with the mission and purpose of the Alumni Association.
- You have been recognized as an Affinity Community by the Alumni Association
- Up to $2,000 per program, event, or project may be awarded. No more than two (2) applications per group, per funding year
- Applications must demonstrate how the project will help achieve the goals of the university and the alumni association in one of the following ways:
- Reinforce the UCalgary Brand
- Showcase UCalgary faculty and their research
- Strengthen the UCalgary network
- Programs in partnership with university departments, faculties, or student organizations, or that tie into and highlight the University's strategic priorities will be given preference
- Funding does not cover the cost of alcohol
Conditions of Funding:
- UCalgary Alumni Association must be acknowledged in all marketing materials including web postings, invitations, and news stories
- Funded events must be marketed for at least six (6) weeks prior to the event (if possible)
- Events should fall into one or more of the four focus areas: professional development; personal development; pride, spirit, and tradition; and philanthropy
- Event registration through UCalgary is required or through alternative as discussed
- Receipts, final attendance lists, pictures and event recaps should be sent to your UCalgary Affinity Community liaison within five (5) business days of event
- Applications must include an estimated budget at time of submission
- Retroactive and late applications will not be considered
The UCalgary Alumni office will process funding requests on a first-come first-served basis until all program funds for the programming year (April 1-March 31) are disbursed.